Tuesday, November 20, 2012

The Art of House Portraits

I am honored that journalist and blogger J. Walters from Sketches and Jottings has picked Melinart for its daily inspiration topic.  I read this blog regularly and the "inspiration of the day" are well...always inspiring.   Here's the blog's own description:
"...looks inside the journals, diaries, sketchbooks and notepads of artists, writers, travelers and other interesting people."

He picked my house portraits.  It was surprising because, I guess it is not a very developed section on my blog.  So here are a few more examples!

Would that be a fabulous christmas or house warming gift for a loved one?  I do custom portraits so do contact me with price inquiries and specifications.

 
It is always so interesting to see your art through other people's eyes. Here's what Mr. "Global Art junkie" said about Melinart:
"Commissioned house portraits are often accomplished with the precision of a draftsman. I prefer works done with the type of creative eye that fuels MelinArt. This British watercolour artist actually focuses on French Food Watercolors on her visually delightful blog. But she also does beautiful house portraits, and this is the one that caught my eye. She is today’s inspiration."
 
 

How about a painting of a specific street sign for someone who is moving? Or a luxuruous dreamy French vacation house ...!
Do contact me if you want to get your house seen in pretty watercolors

No comments:

Post a Comment